dbt Labs, the pioneer in analytical engineering, today announced the availability of dbt Cloud on Connecting to Databricks Partners. With this move, Databricks customers now have a risk-free, fast, and frictionless way to experience the benefits of dbt Cloud on the Lakehouse.
dbt has become the industry standard for data transformation over the past two years, with demand largely driven by the industry-wide shift to cloud-based data platforms like Databricks. It enables data teams to transform data in the warehouse and deploy analytics code following software engineering best practices.
With Databricks Partner Connect, all Databricks users will now have the ability to quickly provision a new dbt Cloud trial pre-connected to their Databricks account. With just a few clicks, users will be set up with a dbt Cloud account – ideal for those looking to quickly get a feel for what the two can achieve together through a streamlined, preconfigured workflow.
“The dbt community has long been interested in a joint solution with Databricks, and with this accelerated partnership, we are now able to offer a turnkey experience for Databricks customers who want to experience dbt Cloud,” said Marguerite Francois, Product Manager at dbt Labs. “It’s a natural fit – with dbt as a transformation framework operating above a unified lake, data teams have access to an open platform with incredibly deep community support.”
Read also : Three key steps to consider when creating a robust IT strategy
“At Databricks, we want data analysts, engineers, and scientists to have access to the same data- and AI-driven insights,” said Adam Conway, SVP Products at Databricks. “dbt and Databricks offer our joint customers a powerful set of tools to help break down data silos and unlock more value from their data in the Lakehouse. Partner Connect makes the joint experience much smoother.”
The news comes amid a series of important joint milestones as the two companies continue to expand and strengthen their partnership:
- Databricks has developed a new dedicated dbt-Databricks adapter, bringing an easier installation process and more optimized performance.
- Databricks Ventures participated as a strategic investor in dbt Labs D-Series round of financing February 2022.
- There are over 1,000 Databricks and Spark channel members in the dbt Community Slack
- Databricks and dbt Labs will hold a joint meeting practical workshop on April 20presenting a detailed overview of what a workflow using the two solutions together looks like in practice.
- The two companies will be working closely at each of their respective conferences in 2022. dbt Labs will be a Diamond Sponsor at Databricks Data and AI Summit 2022 where the keynote will include the CEO Tristan Handyand Databricks will be an active participant in dbt Labs Coalesce 2022 Later in the year.
Felippe Felisola Caso, Head of Business Analytics at Loft, a Brazilian proptech company, said, “dbt running on Databricks has made modeling accessible directly to business analysts. Everything lives in one place and access is controlled, so we don’t have to worry about writing to a separate data warehouse or separate cloud… Having everyone in the same environment and accessing the same version of the same data, every time, is huge.”
Check out the new Enterprisetalk podcast. For more such updates, follow us on Google News Company news.